Saturday, January 26, 2013

Smoothies...YUM


Don't go over budget...but if you do have a few dollars to spare sometimes it's
worth buying a few extra items of things you know you will use to save in the long run.
 
The other week I found my favourite yoghurt on special (it's an organic natural yoghurt usually around $7 a tub) for almost 1/2 price, so I bought a few extra tubs (ps. I did the same with organic almond meal that was 50% off).  Now knowing that I can't physically eat that much yoghurt before expiry I decided to make a huge batch of smoothie cubes.

Yoghurt freezes really well...try freezing it plain or mixing it with your favourite things like banana or berries and then freezing.

On another note you can put a lollipop or paddlepop stick in the cubes (once they've been in the freezer for a little while) to make great little mini frozen yoghurt treats!


No comments:

Post a Comment